09:05Keynote Presentation: TBC
PANEL DISCUSSION: South African Healthcare: Alive with Possibilities… and Dire Challenges:
- The NHI: Where are we now?
- Regulating HealthTech in South Africa
- Can technology address the shortage of medical practitioners in the country?
- Ensuring that legislation keeps up with innovation in healthcare.
- Telemedicine Initiatives: What have we learnt?
10:20 – 10:35COFFEE BREAK/ NETWORKING
PANEL DISCUSSION: Digital Healthcare ‘Snake Oil’ Solutions?
From heavily promoted EHR solutions, apps and direct-to-consumer digital health products, are digital health solutions over-promising and under-delivering?
PANEL DISCUSSION: Beyond Science Fiction: How Practical is Robotic Healthcare within the African Context?
- Robotics in healthcare: The true potential
- The rise of Pharmacy robots
- Healthcare Robots: Ethical Issues to Consider
- Local robotic surgery success stories
- Investing in robotics: Cost vs. Benefit
PRESENTATION: Delivering personalized healthcare with the power of IoT and mobile health technologies
PANEL DISCUSSION: Analytics, Robotics, Wearables, Apps, AI, Automation, Natural Language Processing, IoT and more: Who needs a doctor?!
- Will doctors become obsolete?
- The robots are coming!
- The human factor: Creativity, Empathy and Ethical Decision Making in healthcare.
- The rise of online diagnostic services, AI and Apps
- What will the doctor of the future look like?
13:00 – 14:00NETWORKING LUNCH
PANEL DISCUSSION: Role of Big Data, Predictive Analytics and Cognitive support in healthcare
- Harnessing available data to improve clinical and organizational performance
- Gaining knowledge and actionable information from growing health data repositories
- Data visualization for speedy decision making
- How do we make these tools work in our existing siloed information systems?
15:00– 15:15REFRESHMENT BREAK
PRESENTATION: Operational Efficiency: Driving Down the Total Cost of Care with Technology
PRESENTATION: Implementing Healthcare Tech- Important Legal and Ethical Issues to Consider
16:00CLOSING REMARKS/ EVENING RECEPTION